#smileon is more than just a social media tag line to us. It’s a way of life. We believe everyone deserves to feel like smiling no matter what life has planned. We work in the community we serve, to give individuals the opportunities they may not otherwise have available. The entire staff is committed to making each and every patient feel like a special part of the family.
Stats for Smiles™
Go Panthers! The staff of L.O. teamed up with some of our favorite Carolina Panthers to develop the Stats for Smiles™ community program. Each time one of our partner players scores or makes a big play during a game, we provide a child in need with orthodontic treatment for free. We work with Smiles Change Lives to find boys and girls who are in need of orthodontics, yet various circumstances keep them from receiving the care they deserve. It warms our hearts each time we see one of these youngsters smile for what may be the first time ever! Smiles Change Lives works with the dental community in our area to help us find kids who are in need, and we plan to expand the program to include the Charlotte Hornets.
Kawann Short (2014)
- Our 1 st S4S Ambassador
- Pro Bowl defensive tackle for the Carolina Panthers and Purdue alum like Doc Meggy.
Amazing guy with an amazing smile (thanks a little to us and Invisalign (; ).
13 sack Pro Bowl season in the first full year of Stats 4 Smiles (quite a little over our estimated
- Had a party at the end of the season where he showed up and surprised all the kiddos and
their families that received free treatment due to his stellar play. ‘Twas quite a smile-filled
- Kawann continues to #keeppounding and at the end of the 2017-2018 season, he had 30 (yes,
THIRTY!!) kids smiling ear to ear, teeth just sparkling with our braces on them.
Frank Kaminski (2016)
- Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank!
- All Star 3 point sniper PF for the Charlotte Hornets
- Huge smile to match the 7ft frame (another star LO patient)
- Loves the Stats 4 Smiles mission and has been known to FaceTime the kiddos he gets braces
for on the day they have them put on. Quite a shocking and fun experience for our newly
- Through the 2017-2018 season, Frank had shot lights out and crashed the boards hard enough
to get 9 kiddos free treatment!
Brad Keselowski (2016)
- NASCAR All Star driver
- Was super stoked to focus on the smiles of our Charlotte veterans
- Won 3 races since joining the squad, including the Daytona 500!!!!!
- 4 smiling veterans are now straightening out their smile with Invisalign, a great way to say
THANK YOU for their inspiring service
Jon Rahm (2017)
- PGA Rookie phenom straight from Espana
- Immediately after joining the Stats 4 Smiles Squad he decided to take 1 st place at a
a tournament in Ireland.
- A frequent regular at the LO Smile Shop, Jon is a big fan of orthodontics.
Will often send a video of himself congratulating the Stats 4 Smiles recipient on their new
- For every TOP 3 finish, Rahmbo (as we like to call him) puts a kiddo in free treatment.
In the very short time since we teamed up, he has already racked up 4. Insane.
TeamSmile Charlotte brings together the dental community and pro sports teams to help kids who need dental services. But this is no ordinary trip to the dentist’s office. The child who is chosen receives the treatments in a stadium, and it is more an event than a simple appointment. Other kids attend to learn about oral health, and we even have a DJ, mascots, cheerleaders and favorite players. This experience not only gives the child the dental care needed, but also sets up the mindset that dental care is fun and exciting.
Other Work We Do in the Community
- Gus Macker
- Emily’s Pack of Hope
- Little Smiles: #SmilesErrWhere
- Most Valuable Kids CLT Metro
- Girl Scouts
- Local sports clubs: Carolina Rapids, LKN Giants, Charlotte Flames and LKN Little League
The work we do in the community is an extension of our mission and treatment philosophy. Lineberger Orthodontics offers orthodontic treatments for the residents of Charlotte, Elizabeth, Huntersville and surrounding communities in North Carolina. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.