Two-phase orthodontics is part of early treatment for children. At Lineberger Orthodontics, Dr. Matt Lineberger, Dr. Megan Lineberger, Dr. Claire Fedore and Dr. Bhaven Sayania, offer two-phase orthodontics for children in Charlotte, Elizabeth, Huntersville and surrounding communities in North Carolina.
What is Two-Phase Orthodontics?
Children should be evaluated by an orthodontist before seven years old. We know this can seem overwhelming to parents, but it’s OK. We’re here to guide you through the process and any treatments needed for your children. Often times, we’re able to use two-phase orthodontics to address critical issues early and reduce the amount of orthodontic work your child needs in the teen years. Two-phase orthodontics involves staging the treatment, and each stage has distinct goals.
What are the Benefits of Two-Phase Orthodontics?
- Combines treatments for changes to facial structure, jaw development and tooth eruption
- Can be used for young children who still have baby teeth
- Maybe more affordable and cost-effective than waiting until the teenage years
- Improves speech development for some children
How Does Two-Phase Orthodontics Work?
- Phase I involves treatments for jaw development to help the teeth grow in properly and keep the upper and lower jaws properly aligned
- Phase II involves treatments for tooth position, such as correcting crooked teeth and gaps between the teeth
What Can Be Corrected with Two-Phase Orthodontics?
Most young patients do not need Phase I treatment, but we’ll monitor your child’s tooth and jaw development to find any problems early. The most common issues corrected with two-phase orthodontics are:
- Phase I: Misaligned jaw bones
- Phase II: Overbite, underbite, crossbite, crowding, overlapping and spaces between the teeth
How Much Does Two-Phase Orthodontics Cost?
Each of our two-phase orthodontics treatments are tailored to the child, so the cost does vary. Our Treatment Coordinator discusses pricing during your first appointment, and we do offer in-house financing.
Does Insurance Cover Two-Phase Orthodontics?
Your dental insurance may include coverage for two-phase treatment. We work with you to keep the out-of-pocket expenses affordable and easy to manage so your child can complete the orthodontic two-phase treatment.
If your child needs orthodontic work, we can help! Lineberger Orthodontics offers two-phase orthodontics for children in Charlotte, Elizabeth, Huntersville and surrounding communities in North Carolina. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.